Reefmat Issues

Arsalan

____LifeLongLearner____ BRS BoD
Officer
BRS Member
hey y’all,

i have a Red Sea Reefmat 1200 in a 240g system. it came as a package with the tank and both have been running for about 3 months. they were about a year old prior.

Reefmat was running fine for a few weeks and now it keeps overflowing. it’s setup to auto advance the mat, but seems like it’s not advancing enough every time it advances, and therefore it overflows. the sensor seems to be working since the light blinks when it starts to overflow. the motor seems to work fine when i press the button to manually advance the roll. i’ve tried factory reset and firmware updates. also tried putting the sensor on the other side etc. i don’t believe the roll is routed incorrectly, since it was running fine before. i’m stumped at this point. only thing i haven’t tried is setting the advance on a schedule rather than keep it on auto.

anyone face this before? guidance will be appreciated. tia

Any chance you increased the volume of water going through the filter. For example turing up a DC return pump. The only times I have trouble with my ReefMat is when the roll gets pinched somewhere along the feed path. It should easily roll up on the receiving/dirty roll. If it’s restricted the ReefMat won’t be happy.

Any chance you increased the volume of water going through the filter. For example turing up a DC return pump. The only times I have trouble with my ReefMat is when the roll gets pinched somewhere along the feed path. It should easily roll up on the receiving/dirty roll. If it’s restricted the ReefMat won’t be happy.
no, in fact i reduced the water pressure if my return pump from 65% to 50% in hopes of resolving it. the overflow is less strong but still overflows consistently.

i should have mentioned, i’ve added several new fish since it started to overflow. so i’m wondering if heavier bioload is a factor.

Your not using the media basket underneath it right? Maybe increase the amount the fleece advances?

Back