Reefrocks

wdebenedettojr

BRS Member
I needed some more sand for my tank so I was going to purchase some dry sand. I was going to buy it from Marco rocks but I stumbled onto reef rocks online. 40 pound bag of sand was plenty for me so that's the one I purchased, he is also cheaper than Marco rocks too. What was really nice is that the sand comes already washed so you don't have to spend an hour rinsing.

They shipped the same day but due to USPS in Florida the package didn't arrive till a little over a week later.

I didn't 100% trust the "we rinsed the sand for you" so I filled a bucket with the sand and ran some water through it. Surprisingly the sand was clean, didn't need to rinse just as stated. I put it in my tank and within 2 hours tank was crystal clear as usual. If I ever need some sand again they will have my business. Would recommend them to anyone.

http://www.reefrocks.net

I just got 200lbs of this fine sand. I didn't rinse per description and my tank is still cloudy after 2 days. I hope it will settle soon but I'm a little disappointed that it seems to not have been washed well. It's also smaller grained than I expected. I'll wait a few more days before I give the final grade for this vendor. :)

Back