Returning Member!

neptune

BRS Member
Hi Boston Reefers! I am returning after years of being dormant b/c I am ready to push my boundaries and skill to the next level. I have had fish tanks fresh/FOWLR/softie reef for over 20 years. I now have a 180gallon dream reef build on the rock from the older tanks. I need to investigate the next steps on better reefing:
  • Better way to deal w/ Nitrate... to many water changes. Investigating NOPOX. Interesting I don't actually think Nitrate is as bad as its press.... but will not introduce new coral or fish until I have my nitrate under 50 ppm. Crazy high for you guys but I agree with Paul B on this one : ).
  • I have reef breeder LED lights... I need to figure out how to set them better as they are not magnificant... Wow do I miss my Metal Halide lights w/ T5's.
  • star fish success? Can this be achieved for years... or are we just watching them slowly starve? what do they eat and can someone actually prove this?
  • I need a more automated dosing schedule!

Cant wait to dive in again!

• I have reef breeder LED lights... I need to figure out how to set them better as they are not magnificant... Wow do I miss my Metal Halide lights w/ T5's.
Although reefbreeders can take a bit to get where you want, in the end the options LEDs come with are far beyond that of "on or off static light" that comes with MH.

Back