rock site recomendation

Chris L

Nano reefing
BRS Member
can anyone recommend a good online site for live rock. im looking for good stuff with plenty of life still on it. thanks

TBS has awesome life on theirs. Mine came with yellow, blue, black, orange, and white sponges. Almost a year later and they still have orange, yellow, white, and black. Lots of their rock comes with some good hitchers. But...They have some bad ones too...Gorilla crabs and Mantis shrimp show up often. I didn't get any mantis, but has a few gorillas. For hitchers though, I had tube corals, hidden cup corals, a rose coral, radians star coral, peanut worms, mini brittles, and turkey wing bivalves. It is incredible rock and worth every penny. The shipping is a bit much, but if you can get someone to place an order with you it is a great buy.

premiumaquatics.com The Marshall Island Rock is sweet.

However, after being plagued with an unstoppable macro algae epidemic, I personally am no longer shopping live rock. From now on, the only rock that enters my tank is dead rock...

Steve

Last edited:
I would encourage you to check out Marc's base rock at Fishy Business. I have 110 pounds on hand for my new tank and I tell ya', this is some wicked-damn good looking rock!

Steve

Someone is always selling rock in the for sale section. Fully cured and lots of stuff without shipping.

marc's dry rock is awsome,price is awsome,looking at what your buying is awsome,filling a 210 for 250.00 is awsome:eek: you get the idea:D

here's the way i'm going to stock my 125:
buy lots of dead rock to save money.
buy 10 or 20 pounds of live rock from various LFS and other reefers.

Moe_K said:
here's the way i'm going to stock my 125:
buy lots of dead rock to save money.
buy 10 or 20 pounds of live rock from various LFS and other reefers.

WHEN?:D:rolleyes:
I think we need to light a fire under your a$$;)

ive already got about 75-85 pounds but im moving everything into the 110 this weekend hopefully and would like another 50 pounds

denvig said:
WHEN?:D:rolleyes:
I think we need to light a fire under your a$$;)
Heh! Soon enough. We started the rebuild of the pantry at the top of the basement stairs - which will also be the back of the 125.

Chris,

If you want killer looking rock, I would take a look at LFS before online. The simple reason being that I would want to see it 1st hand and pick a piece that suits my needs.

my 2 cents,

Joe

P.S.

Moe,
I bought you a goldfish bowl for Christmas :p

I've got some liveaquaria.com select fiji coming today, I'll take some pics for you. IMO it is an unbeatable deal (pricewise) at $3.29/lb including shipping. We'll see how it looks though.

I got a box of Kaelini from AquaAddicts last year. They'll give you a great price if you buy the whole 40 pound box on the day it comes in. Very nice pieces too.

I'd really steer clear of TBS. The rock is so dense, and round. Very few nooks and crannies in the batches I've seen. Nooks and Crannies make all the difference for an interesting setup and happy tank inhabitants, IMO.

Back