rose deflating

clamm

Nothing to nobody
how often does your rose (RBTA) deflate....mine has started doing it about everyday, frankly its starting to scare the poo poo out of me...

They do that to emty out all the water thay have in them and get new water into them. Have you checked your water chemistry? BTA's will do this when something has suddently changed. There way of acclomating to something new. It might start to move around if it happens to offten.

Mine does it almost everyday to some extent. I wouldn't worry as long as it's eating and the color is good. When mine is deflated it looks really awfull sometimes. After it reinflates it looks fine.

My BTA has only done this once that I've seen in a number of months. I'd do some investigating if it's doing it everyday.

May be you feed it too much. Mine deflates after a big meal.

im feeding a peice of shrimp every other day? too much maybe? my calcium is climbing slowing nate...cause i didnt want to bring it up too fast...currently at 350 and climbing about 10 per day... could that cause it..? I havent checked my alk lately but my ph has been on the money

~Flighty~ said:
salinity swings seem to really tick them off.

could very well explain it, my auto topoff is getting installed today so hopefully that will help keep the salinity swings under control...

Casey - I don't think I'd worry too much about it. I feed my roses a hunk of shrimp every other day and they deflate the nights they are fed. Is yours coming back ok after the deflation? Does he look full and bright? If so, I wouldn't worry.

well its wasn't all the way full yet but was reinflating this morning, but the lights were out so it will probably be fine when I get home...

things scare you though!

My rose deflates every other day, just like the feeding schedual. Scared the heck out of me and my clown the first few times it happened. Now I don't worry. Always inflates in time for my clown to sleep in him at night.

Back