RSM C-250 Hood/T-5 Power Cord Adapter?

MrX

Non-member
Bought a new Apex Jr. controller to use with my system figuring I could run the T-5s, my LED strip, heater, and Jebao pumps... surprise, surprise when I went to plug in the RSM C-250 line for the hood/T-5s when I realized/remembered it's not a standard plug:

WP_20141209_18_23_15_Pro.jpg

Anyone know where I can get an adapter to go from this to a standard plug?

I've called Red Sea and they don't have an adapter, nor did they have any immediate suggestions.

I bought a 9ft cord from Home Depot with a plug on one end and bare wires on the other figuring I could open up the hood and replace the wire myself. Before I do that and risk hosing my lights I wanted to see if there was an easier way.

(I started to open the hood last night and after 20+ minutes I'd only gotten 3 of 12-15 plastic covers off the screw holes!! Gave up and put it back!)

isn't that a standard IEC C13/C14 coupler like you see on a computer? If so they are readily available online. Its difficult to tell with the angle if that is a C13

literally, take the cord from your desktop computer, plug it in to that socket you are holding and plug in to wall....as long as that cord isn't taking an adapter voltage but a straight 120.

isn't that a standard IEC C13/C14 coupler like you see on a computer? If so they are readily available online. Its difficult to tell with the angle if that is a C13

That's what I thought at first, didn't know what the type/model was called though. Didn't have time last night to check my pile o'computer crap in the basement.

I have about a dozen of them sitting in my office. Where are you located?

Charlton, but we're down in Attleboro at my Aunt's at least once a month. (Over near the fish hatchery)

literally, take the cord from your desktop computer, plug it in to that socket you are holding and plug in to wall....as long as that cord isn't taking an adapter voltage but a straight 120.

Will dig through my junk after supper and see if that works. I don't think it does anything but pass straight 120 through. Think it was more of a design choice by Red Sea to make sure you plugged the lights into the right section of their power center.

Woot! Hot damn! zkilloy was correct! Found an extra PC cord in my pile of junk and it worked perfectly!

Thanks peeps!

Back