Running Carbon in a Phosban reactor

frank180reef

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Hi
So I currently have 1 reactor I am running Ferric Oxide and would like to put another in series to run carbon... Does any do this and do they like it? The purpose would be to clarify the water....

thanks in advance

Frank

you can put cabon in the botton and the other media on top, just dont pack it too tight. Only 1 reactor is used by alot of folks

I run my carbon first in the series, then use a valve in between the two reactors to cut back the amount of flow that hits the GFO. Also recommend that you use the larger grain carbons.

The one advantage to running 2 reactors is I use to change out carbon much more often than GFO. I do also run more flow through carbon than GFO so teeing of after the carbon and running some to the GFO reactor and the rest back to the sump is a good idea as well if you want different flow rates.

i do this as well and run carbon first then gfo. i use a valve between the two reactors too.

I must be a freak. I run two TLF Phosban reactors, one with GFO and one with carbon.

Then I have a dual Bulk Reef Supply reactor setup that I pack both chambers with carbon. So overall I have one GFO reactor and three carbon reactors.

I am liking the mulit carbon Idea

thanks for everyones help!

I have a few canister filters, I find they need a TON of flow so I want to plumb them out of my system

Back