Scoly rescue attempt

gzr918

Non-member
Picked up a scoly that's 3/4 receded but has mouth intact. Any recommendations on how to cut the dead skeleton away without using a bandsaw? Want to give it the best chance of reviving

Not sure. Is it important to get dead skeleton out of the way? Or will they just grow over it later? I had a sad elegance right now and have been trying to rescue it. Moved it 4 times, starting to spot feed it now because it looks really sad (just upset before) and the skeleton is showing all around the flesh.

I am following along for the ride to maybe help out my elegance too. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here it is day 1 in my tank. Saw some bristleworms coming out of the skeleton so I wonder if they might be irritating it also

Attachments

• IMG_0646.JPG
    IMG_0646.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 241
Cut as much of the on the top just the rough stuff as u can.
Do a nice dip to make sure all unwanted critters are out.
Spot feed with quality pallets the smaller the better daily if u can. Make sure when u feed the fish are not picking at it. And it should bounce back pretty quick make sure it’s not in too much light when u first put it in the tank. As it starts to eat more u can raise it in the tank or increase the light intensity.

If u live near Southbay PM me u can come pick up what I use for pallets.
Cheers and good luck

Cut as much of the on the top just the rough stuff as u can.
Do a nice dip to make sure all unwanted critters are out.
Spot feed with quality pallets the smaller the better daily if u can. Make sure when u feed the fish are not picking at it. And it should bounce back pretty quick make sure it’s not in too much light when u first put it in the tank. As it starts to eat more u can raise it in the tank or increase the light intensity.

If u live near Southbay PM me u can come pick up what I use for pallets.
Cheers and good luck

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try to file down the rough parts and feed with reef roids for a bit. I'll post some pics with or without any success

Back