Sea Hare successfully rescued

Armando

v 4.0
I barely have a chance to sit back and watch my tank as I am always fiddling with it so last night i decided to do just that, i sat down and watched it for half hour until my sea hare decided to dive into the big anemone. the anemone started closing and engulfing the sea hare and then the sea hare started to release the red poison i had to quickly put my hands in the water and remove the sea hare from the the anemone's mouth. it's all work and no play! :mad:

lucky for the sea hair you were watching!

the anemone missed out on a big meal.

Jeeeesh...I'd hate to have seen that huge anemone with a "Hare Ball" stuck in it's throat....

Badump dump :)

Do you have to do water change afterward? I'm wondering if sea hare poison can affect the entire tank.

i was able to remove the sea hare from the anemone right after it started releasing the poison. it stopped immediately so there was very little poison released. i can't imagine what would have happened if i wasn't there watching it.

Armando said:
i was able to remove the sea hare from the anemone right after it started releasing the poison. it stopped immediately so there was very little poison released. i can't imagine what would have happened if i wasn't there watching it.

:eek: Lucky catch Armando. The reef gods are smiling on you:)

Back