Skimmer going crazy

MichaelJ

Reefer
BRS Member
So I shut my skimmer down for a minute, turned it back on and now it’s going crazy, filling the cup up and blowing thousands of bubbles in the the tank……I tried to find a post on this happening but haven’t found one yet. Bubble-magus 5. Ben running for over a month no issues. I just looked at the bottom of the page. I’m sure I’ll find answers there

Start by flushing the air intake with water to clear any salt. (Just dunk the hose and let it suck water in).

Not as bad but the cup is still filling up. Slower but still micro bubbling the crap out of my tank

Just adjust it until it settles, then increase the water height inside to where you want it.

Did the water level the skimmer sits in change? I would at the least pull the pump and clean it and make sure any fitting that air line connects to is not block at all with deposits

Did the water level the skimmer sits in change? I would at the least pull the pump and clean it and make sure any fitting that air line connects to is not block at all with deposits
Yeah if it doesn’t settle down, and it has a little then that’s what I’ll do.

Back