Skimmer mesh wheel help

Blueflu1

The Acan Reaper!
I have an octopus extreme skimmer. They finally sent me the mesh wheel that was supposed to come with it but It isn't pre-made. They just sent me the wheel and a sheet of mesh with no instructions. Anyone know how to make the mesh wheel?

Here is a pic,

Attachments

• mesh wheel.jpg
    mesh wheel.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 552
Your impeller looks a little different but you could try watching the video on the talking reef web site showing how to mesh mod on a euro reef skimmer. That should give you an Idea on how it's done. That’s what I used to learn how.

http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/podcast-episodes/3641-euroreef-mod-podcast-epiode-91-a.html

These are pictures of the mesh mod on my octo nw200. I removed all but the but last row of needles and tied the mesh to the remaining ones.Maybe someone else has the same skimmer and can post a picture of how there mesh mode impeller looks.

Dave

Attachments

• mesh1.jpg
    mesh1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 433
  • mesh2.jpg
    mesh2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 497
I was thinking of that but my wheel has curved fins on it. I am afraid if I remove or modify those then I won't have enough water movement.

thats great guys. Thanks for the links. I was afraid if I sanded off the paddles, then there wouldn't be enough water movement. Guess I was wrong.

Blu last I knew you got the 160 correct? I doubt you'll need the mesh mod. I just got a 160 and a 200 in last week. I set up the 200 and did not measure the air intake but I dont see myself doing the mod on that skimmer!

its puling some great skimate but I was thinking of doing it anyway. Not sure. I figured the finer the bubbles, the better. I may just leave it for now.

huh ... isn't this the best of all worlds? you can totally ruin the mod and yet since it has no beiring on what you have going now you wouldn't lose anything.

Maybe this is just the Tim "the tool man" Taylor in me but what do you have to lose?

Back