Skimmer troubles

ebattistoni

Non-member
I have an ASM mini g. It's been running for years. For the last week I cannot for the life of me get it dialed in. I have covered all the usual bases.

I haven't done anything to the tank- nothing added to make it go nuts. I haven't changed it's height or anything else.

I took it apart and cleaned the air intake, the impeller and pump outlets. I am completely stumped. I have had it for 7 years and the only time it has gone nuts is when I put an additive like chemiclean in there. Any ideas are welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What type of impeller is it? needle wheel?

Yes. I raised it up and it appears to be helping. But it's so weird. Nothing changed and all of a sudden it goes bananas.

Raising it up higher also isn't working. Any ideas? Impleller is producing foam just waaaayyyy too much.

I had the same problem with my skimmer last winter way too much foam I couldn't use it for about a week or so, I even did a water change it got worse. I can't help you I never did figure what changed, it was fine after a couple of weeks. It acted like when using coral epoxy if you have ever used that.

Jim

Back