Sos, wtf????

ro_nicu

Non-member
Is this just my computer or did we just acquire a new "SPONSOR"?
Since this afternoon every time I try to open any Boston Reefers page the first click on the page opens a "pop-up" pointing to "removed link for safety purposes"

Has the website been infected or did we sign up for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
You sir have a virus or malware
My buddy works at MIT in some kind of computer think tank where he can't tell me what exactly he does lol, anyways he swears by superantispyware and malwarebytes both of which are free I've run them for years with no issues and no crazy pop ups

I just got a strange popup too and was not getting it earlier. title is recently viewed deals and only on Boston reefers all other pages are fine.

Google em, hmm maybe the server has issues?
Gonna report this thread and see what the mod's and bod think

I use Chrome on another computer in the house and no popup, running a scan on the first with the popups where I use Firefox, some crappy adware I am sure.

I use Chrome on another computer in the house and no popup, running a scan on the first with the popups where I use Firefox, some crappy adware I am sure.

Been using malwarebites for a long while, ran a full scan, including a full virus scan, nothing on my end.

No other website does this either, I mean NONE, no discussion boards, no news website, not even digg.com which is known to get hacked from time to time.

If it's not the website than I guess it's time for me to change the router, that's the only thing that did not get a full scan or reset to factory settings on my end.

Have a look at the attached pic, on the bottom it shows you the address to which the "mouse position" points, it does not change regardless where one places the cursor; once you click it opens the hijack link and the page starts acting normally until you navigate anywhere or reload, than the cycle begins anew.

BRS_Page_Hijack.jpg

P.S. I even tried a restart in safe mode followed by disabling all scripts and then rebooting with no scripts active whatsoever, the page still behaves the same and it's still the only one behaving like that.

Link removed for safety purposes

SOLVED!!!

If somebody could look into why the website tries to run scripts belonging to cptsrv.com it would greatly appreciated.

Meanwhile, word of caution to all, enable your script blocker and be on the lookout, the service we use for the website is not without flaws.

Back