South Coast Frag Draft?

which vendor?

• Ultimate frags

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Reefer Madness

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Jocko said:
Wow really? I must have missed that memo. What about reefer madness from the last frag draft? Are they a sponser? Cause they gave us a deal.
Yep, that's the policy. If you solicit special group pricing from a non-sponsor you can't carry out the group buy on our board. You're more than welcome to arrange pooled orders from a non-sponsor, and get the normal quantity breaks on shipping or products, but when you say "hey a bunch of people in my reef group want to buy your widgits. Can you give us special bulk pricing?" then it becomes a group buy, and only sponsor group buys are allowed on our forums. As for the last frag draft, I hadn't noticed special pricing other than their published deal of 10 for $200 or whatever it was. But technically, if a special deal was arranged for the BRS, it should have then been handled by email.

The official explanation of the policy can be viewed in a sticky at the top of this forum.

Nate

NateHanson said:
As for the last frag draft, I hadn't noticed special pricing other than their published deal of 10 for $200 or whatever it was. But technically, if a special deal was arranged for the BRS, it should have then been handled by email.

The official explanation of the policy can be viewed in a sticky at the top of this forum.

Nate
Well we paid the advertised price, but they ended up throwing in some extras for free. So does that count as a special deal or is it just a friendly vendor?

But anyhow yeah I'd be cool with either ultimatefrags or reefermadness for this frag draft. Sounds like ultimatefrags might be in the lead. I wouldn't mind trying a different place so I can compare what we get.

Jocko said:
Well we paid the advertised price, but they ended up throwing in some extras for free. So does that count as a special deal or is it just a friendly vendor?
Hey, can you really be blamed for a vendor that gives you free stuff. :D

That sort of thing is fine. You're allowed to eat the candy you get from Reefgeek.com too. :)

vote set up

Hey Nate or other Mod Royalty,
How do you set up a vote on the top of the post so we can get a fair estimate of how many people we have?:confused:

I'm going to help Steve out here. I think we should shoot for some dates towards the end of April (this all depends on Steve's availability since he'll be accepting the package and housing the frags). Pickup will be at his house in Bourne. It looks like we have a lot of people interested in ultimatefrags, so I'll contact Rommel. I also think we should shoot for a $40-50 price range - the price will be driven by how many people we get. The more, the better (read that cheaper).:). So far, it looks like we have the following people interested:

nikitavom
starrfish
Mr. Crabs
meemo
jocko
testhead1313
reefphreak
skydolphin
bonzai888
muddskipper

Please speak up if I put you on the list and you don't want to be there, or if I forgot you.

Daire

Great! We'll have the expert who knows how to run one of these things!:D

I just talked to Leo (reefphreak) - he's out because his tank is mostly softies and lps. So we have:

nikitavom
starrfish
Mr. Crabs
meemo
jocko
testhead1313
skydolphin
bonzai888
muddskipper
maxfischer

Back