Stand build question

ebattistoni

Non-member
.So I am planning a new stand. The current one I made level and plumb. Then put the tank on and it's not level. Come to find out (after the fact) my floor isn't level. It has almost a half inch slope!

I am planning the new stand to be for a 120. Or a 90.

So new stand:
1: do I build it square and then adjust with shims? That can't be a good thing for the weight?

2: build the stand with the slope. Sounds like a PITA.
Front would measure 34 inches tall back would be at 33.5

Other thoughts on how to make it level?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to build it square.....Don't even think of building it to adjust for the floor shim when installing.

Jim

Best way to do it would be to build the stand a 1/2 inch taller then you want. Then install it level and plumb it with shims. Then run a 1/2 inch scribe all around the bottom of the stand and remove everything below the line. That way when you reinstall the stand it will be perfect plumb and level with no shims. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Best way to do it would be to build the stand a 1/2 inch taller then you want. Then install it level and plumb it with shims. Then run a 1/2 inch scribe all around the bottom of the stand and remove everything below the line. That way when you reinstall the stand it will be perfect plumb and level with no shims. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Exactly what Brian said, and he knows his stuff. This is the one thing I dont like about the Reefer Stand. I wanted to be able to do something like this, but had to use shims. Scribe, dont shim

Good Luck

Thanks all! I am pretty handy but I am by no means an engineer. This one had me stumped. A little off level is one thing, a 1/2 inch is a lot. (The house is only 10years old too, sigh).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your floor has that much of a slope for a new home, you may want to evaluate the structure before you fill up your tank adding 700+ lbs of water on top of a questionable support!!!

Back