Suggestions for (very) low-light coral that doesn't need target feeding?

How low is low light? Whats your set-up like? May be easier to answer if we know what your working with.

How low is low light? Whats your set-up like? May be easier to answer if we know what your working with.

I have 150W MH in a 22" deep tank. This would be under a rock ledge, not pitch black, but pretty low light.

You could get some acans. Most do very well out of direct light and don't require spot feeding, though they grow faster when fed.

+1 on the acans as long as they get a bit of light... I have a few under ledges that are still growing...

FWIW, I believe that 'chili' corals are non-photosynthetic. They do in fact need to be fed in some manner or another. While they may live quite some time without feeding, they just happen to die slower than some other non-photosynthetic corals.

There are plenty of corals okay in low light. Mushrooms were already mentioned, zoanthids, green star polyps, Clavularia, and Anthelia come to mind. Many LPS (as mentioned previously) will do well in low light if fed once in a while.

Back