Suggestions Welcomed: Power Bars and Test Kits

TheBigDrewsky

BRS Member
Happy Saturday! Our RS Reefer S 550 G2+ arrived earlier is week - will begin tackling stand set up soon. In the meantime - suggestions are requested for the following:

(1). An appropriate Power bar with 8 plugins. I am also going to use a Neptune system but I would really like to keep the electrical components for RS equipment separate from Neptune products.

2) Water Chemistry testing - going to get some “not so expensive” kits for No3/4, Ammonia and PO4. But after the cycle moving towards Neptune for Calk, Alk, Mag, pH and ORP. For other testing kits - Nitrate High, Nitrate Low, Nitrite, etc - is there a particular brand you find to be most reliable? Hannah? Red Sea branded, Salifert, API?

Any thoughts on either?

Thanks so much!

Dong (@dz6t) recommended Salifert, and he would know. I’ve been using them for a few years and agree they are reproducible and easy to use

Power bars: I really like Kasa smart strips, they come with 1, 3, or 6 outlets (plus several USB plugs) that are infinitely controllable with Kasa app and can integrate with Alexa etc. E.g. “Alexa, water change” and it can turn off all flow and skimmer in preparation for water change. Timers, control from anywhere, and more advanced logic. (I haven’t figured out how to actuate a pump based on local tides but I’m working on it!)

Dong (@dz6t) recommended Salifert, and he would know. I’ve been using them for a few years and agree they are reproducible and easy to use

Power bars: I really like Kasa smart strips, they come with 1, 3, or 6 outlets (plus several USB plugs) that are infinitely controllable with Kasa app and can integrate with Alexa etc. E.g. “Alexa, water change” and it can turn off all flow and skimmer in preparation for water change. Timers, control from anywhere, and more advanced logic. (I haven’t figured out how to actuate a pump based on local tides but I’m working on it!)
Okay, now I am intrigued by the Kasa Strips…. Hmmm, interesting indeed!

Back