Sump Question

Ba19Ma88

Non-member
I have a 30 Gal sump under my 75. It is going to house a euroreef skimmer and a Mag 18 for the return and a drop in chiller. I am going to have to go with a HOB fuge.

Sump question is, I have a ton of LR Rubble and my plan was to I have a acrylic box that is about H12 x D9 x 12L. I am planning on drilling a bunch of holes from the top down spaced about 1.5-2" apart on all sides from the top down to about 4.5-5" from the bottom Holes will be about 1/2 to 3/4" in diameter. I am going to put LR Rubble in it inside my sump to help with growing pods and such.

Question are the holes needed or should I just fill the box with rubble and drop it inside the sump?
Thanks for your help
Bruce

How about Ting off your drain so some of the water flows to this box and make it into a refugium. Drill some holes near the top for the water to flow out into the sump. Could put some macro in there and have it lit.

I decided to start the same project myself after seeing JustDavidP's set up. Hope it works well for you.

I design long time ago that I took a 29-gallon tank and put a Reef devil skimmer and a mag 9.5 with a refugium in the center, it was under my 75-gallon tank for over four years. I got picture so when I get home from bowling I post it tonight if you like to see it.

Back