Taking a trip..

Syris

FishboyBill
a business trip:( but a trip none the less, and i was wondering what the airlines policies are for carry ons? Because I'm going to Santa Clara CA. (part of Silicone Valley:) ) and may go LFS hunting and if I find something I like how will I bring it back? Anyone ever done this?

i would call the airline ask if you can bring bagged livestock on the plane,you could probably put the pieces in a cooler and carry it on

trust me. just bag it and carry it on. some airlines make a big PIA about it and done worry about xray no big deal.

I've seen posts on RC on this subject and it seems that if you ask the airlines, you seem to encounter more resistance. It seemed that if you get through the security check point w/o problems, no one knows or cares. I'm thinking of doing the same in Nov for a trip to Florida.

Bill:

Just tripple bag stuff and put in your carry on...I brought frags back from MACNA last year that way without any issues (except a little leakage).

As mentioned before, don't ask the airline. Each agent has their own interpretation of what's allowed and what isn't. I work for the TSA at Logan and as long as what you're transporting is leak proof you should be o.k.. People bring, cats, dogs, and parrots as carryons. The one airline stipulation is, two carry on items only(very strictly enforced). This includes one carry on sized suitcase and one personal item such as hand bag, briefcase, laptop etc.. You can put your "collection" in a backpack or gym bag and that will count as one of your carryons. HTH

Ray

Cool, sounds like there is some hope :)
I have also been checking out the California groups on RC for the best lfs in the area.

Back