tank stand

paine43

Non-member
well i'm buying new 65g tank this weekend thanks to ray. but now i need a stand i was going to DIY but i've desided just to buy one. wheres a good place to get one?
tina

a stand for 40 breeder will work I believe. May be try a Petco or Pet Supply plus?

I was at petco today and noticed a black 36x18" stand while I was at the register. I couldn't quite see the price, and I was going to check for you after I checked out . . . and then about 3 minutes later I forgot. :( Sorry. It was definitely $100-something. Maybe $199 or $169.

Also, I noticed someone just listed a 36" stand in equipment, but didn't say how deep it is. You should check.

i've called a few places today and most places have that partacial (sp) boards stuff. or shoould i keep serching for a wood kind?

I think it just depends what you want to spend, and how much life you expect to get out of the stand. If you want it to last 5 years, I'd probably hold out for a solid wood or plywood stand. If your looking for something to last 2 years, you'll be fine with a particle board stand.

Obviously the best bet it to find a used one if you can, but sounds like you have a limited time frame. Is the new tank filled already? What's it sitting on now?

ray is bring the tank over on friday, so everything is in a 10g for livestock. but i'm hoping to plumb everything as well. but on the other hand my gf want the living room back seeing it has bucket all over the place

Back