Tanks

Marlboro

Whatcha lookin at ?!
Upgrading my tank in the next couple of months :D Whats better Oceanic reef ready or AGA ?? Tank will be in the 120-180G range, most likely 180G. Thanks

I think Oceanic tanks are nicer but the tank and stand can be quite a bit more money then the AGA. If your thinking of a 180 be aware the glass is pretty thick and normal float glass will give everything in the tank a very slight green hue, which may or may not be a problem for you. Oceanic does make "starfire" tanks that use a low iron glass which in much clearer then normal glass. The starfire option can add 1/3 to double the price depending on how many panes are made from starfire glass. I would look at a few peoples tanks and take note of the brand go from there.

We have an Oceanic 180 and are very happy with it. Double check, but I am pretty sure that Oceanic will not warranty a tank that is not on their stand. I am not positive about this, so make sure to find out. We have not noticed any green "hue" in ours. Remember, when you go to move it, it is at least a 4 person job! (Minimum...more if you can.) Good luck!

Thanx for the info guys :D Iffer do you have any pics of your tank?? Where did you buy it from ?? Thanks again

IMO a very big plus on the oceanic tanks is that the centerbrace is glass and not plastic (no shadow).

Overall I think oceanic tanks are much nicer.

I just set up a ocanic 120 and I love it. looks awsome with 1x 400 10k + 4x 110 vho actinic.

Here is the Oceanic 180...note the center brace is GLASS.

Attachments

• IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 157
Back