This Google sketch-up is getting a little easier

Kevin McG

Ni Hao!
Just playing around, thought I would share :.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 391
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 383
Looks cool. I'm jelous, I want to build a new system too :(

I wonder if it would be a little safer if you didn't have the drains converge into one pipe? (ie run two seperate drain pipes all the way to the filter sock just in case, or at least way up size the part that does converge).

Looks cool. I'm jelous, I want to build a new system too :(

I wonder if it would be a little safer if you didn't have the drains converge into one pipe? (ie run two seperate drain pipes all the way to the filter sock just in case, or at least way up size the part that does converge).

I just wanted to get some of the plumbing in there and there is a lot of adjusting to do before the final draft.One of the durso's will be flipped up as an emergency drain most likely. As for getting this going I have a LOT of planning before a nickel is spent, I am totally revamping the room behind into what is should of been before I dropped my old 180 in there. The wife is going to need a lot od persuading also, she said not to hold my breathe waiting for this to happen soon :(

Maybe I will hit Powerball

Pretty slick... don't forget your ball valves and true unions... ;)

Yup those are being added soon :)

Better get her something nice tommorow ;)

FWIW, after I posted it occured to me, for that drain pipe, you could run it just as drawn, but add a second T right next to the exisiting one, also going straight down to the filter sock. That would cover the bottleneck/clog concern, and keep the plumbing neat and clean looking.

Sweet start. Is that software free and usable by the clueless?

Better get her something nice tommorow ;)

Sweet start. Is that software free and usable by the clueless?

Yea it's Google Sketch-up, its free but a little tough to get used to.

Just playing around? Once the reef bug has bit ya it never lets go. You're mind is racing with all kinds of new ideas for the next tank you'd love to build.

I got bit a looong time ago, I keep running into a wall with the wife :( the $ just isn't there yet with both kids in daycare.

man..i need to buy a floating tank..thats pretty sick you dont need a stand

jk..looks ill man..i wish i could figure out sketchup

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back