thought i'd share....

RiverReefer

Toothless Reefing
bought a coralife 65 superskimmer used from a guy set it up yesterday and the screw on cup on the top started to leak..took it down took it apart and realized that the washer/seal that should have been in between was missing and the guy jipped me, so i just simply grabbed one of the small elastic bands that were sitting on top of my counter from capping my RO water that i had just bought and after a few minutes and some aggravation got it to fit in the space for the washer, tightly screwed back on the top cup and wah lah no leakage...quick fix and didn't cost me a cent...might work for someone else too..

Good thinking.

You can also get a variety of o-rings at a good hardware store, or even Lowes. And if you really want to get serious, you can visit Marco Rubber in Andover. They're an industrial supplier of o-rings and they have absolutely EVERYTHING in that category. I called to see if they had a couple 6" diameter by 1/4" thick o-rings a while back, and they had about a dozen different rings fitting those exact measurements - different materials, different cross-sectional shapes, different hardnesses, etc. It was almost overwhelming! :) They were totally helpful in telling me what I needed, and I hardly paid a thing.

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back