Titanium heater

SteveDola

Good Tings
BRS Member
Do you need to run an ink bird (or some remote) controller on a titanium heater if I have an apex? any advantage?

I don’t think there is any real benefit to running both an inkbird an apex. I think you’re better off spending the time/money periodically replacing the apex probes and heater. I guess you could use the inkbird as a redundant though that means more probes to change out

Edit: after some reading there may be some benefit to using the inkbird as primary controller and apex as redundancy to reduce the frequency the apex will switch on/off which can wear out the $$$ apex

Last edited:
I use the inkbird for a secondary heater because I have had the primary heater fail, this way its totally isolated from the apex and will heat the tank in emergency. Also the old Aquacontrollers used to have the power port get stuck on so it was risky running a heater on anything but the Relay ports, so this may be where others have run a backup controller. but the new apex have all relays ports so there is little risk on running the heater directly from the apex.

BTW you can also program the APEX to make sure the heater does not come on and off too often if you know how to program it correctly. Its called Hysteresis, and you put a delay on or off ini the program to stop it

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back