Top-off Question for Solana owners

Scott

Non-member
My Solana's coming along nicely, but I can't figure out the top off water bottles.

They're dead simple, fill them up and insert them upside down. But the water doesn't seem to come out. :confused:

Do yours dispense water at any noticeable rate?

Am I missing some voodoo or black magic that makes these work?

next logical question then...

what are you using?

float switch? tsunami? slurpy cup?

I use a pretty hi-Tech dispenser, the manufacturer name is Tupperware. :D About 1/2 gal a day w/ the 150 for me. There are some good seet-ups on the RC Solana Owners thread.

Im using the tsunami. From what i understand they are reliable, its just that the level flucuates about an inch or so. I guess thats too much for some people, but just fine for me.

I have a float switch in the 3rd chamber that is fed by a aqualifter in the stand. For a top off container I am using a brand new 2 1/2 gallon container that they sell in the grocery store for putting into the fridge. Don't undo the part where the water gets dispensed and drill a hole large enough to get the line into and a funnel to add more water.

Ah, great thread Kevin. Thanks. I think I'm going to try for your ATO solution as I have a few of those DIY floats kicking around.

Ah, great thread Kevin. Thanks. I think I'm going to try for your ATO solution as I have a few of those DIY floats kicking around.

Cool, let me know if you have any question. I have been using this method for years including when I had my 180 in0-wall and have never had any issues thus far.

You know how to wire the pump to the switch with an extension cord right?

Back