TransWorld Aquatic Enterprises/JBJ Lighting

Ultramarine

www.lisabohnwagner.com
I bought a JBJ ATO from TransWorld Aquatics online over a month ago. Cost me $80 or so. The ATO didin't work properly so I contacted TransWorld by email. Their response was that I would have to deal with the manufacturer (JBJ Lighting).

I contacted JBJ by email and didn't receive a reply. I phoned JBJ and left a msg with the receptionist and still didn't receive a reply. I called again and insisted that I get some help. They said they'd send me new float sensors. I received the new sensors and the ATO still wasn't working properly. I called JBJ again and they told me to send the ATO to them and they would either fix or replace it. I sent it USPS with insurance and delivery confirmation. Cost me $12.

Three weeks have gone by and I haven't heard anything, so I called JBJ yesterday. They said they haven't received it. The USPS confirms that it was delivered 2 days after I sent it. JBJ said that they don't have it and I will have to get some sort of proof.

After several attempts I got through to a customer service person at USPS who said that they don't know if they can provide proof, but they'll look into it. I asked about the insurance and they said that it wouldn't be covered because they show that the item was delivered.

So I don't know what's going to happen, but I'm afraid that I'm going to be out almost $100 and I still need to get an ATO. JBJ gets great reviews, but my experience has been terrible.

**** Interestingly, the web site is called Aquatic Enterprises located in Missouri, but the invoice is from Transworld Aquatics Enterprises which has the same as address as JBJ Lighting. Maybe it was drop shipped from JBJ, but the similarity of the name is weird.

REMINDER Discussion is not allowed in the vendor experiences forum. If you have first hand experience with the vendor being discussed, your welcome to add that, but discussion is not allowed.

In this specific case, there is a reeftalk thread discussing this same issue. If you would like to discuss it, please see this thread;
http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79704

John K moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Back