Tunze or OM

Corwyn

I am in Raynham
Ok, so I have all my rock, I have the 150 stock tank and I am ready for the major remodel.

Last question - what to go with tunze or OM?

Here is my setup.
180 built in the wall. It has already been drilled but I don't think that I want to tear it down to the point where I can drill more holes.

So if I go with an OM it would be plummed over the top (it will not be visible)
But how much flow am I going to lose if I have at lease 3 90 elbows in each return? I have a dolphin 2700 or a quit one pump I could use.

On the tunze side I am thinking one 6100 with a controler. I can hide it fairly well and I can connect it to to a UPS for power failure.

Will one make a big enough difference in a 180?

Corwyn

on a 150, I'd go with two 6100 with a multi-controller.
iniital cost is expensive but you'll save on electricity on the long run.
OM is messy in the plumbing department and it runs on another pump and the pump needs to be really big, creates alot of heat, and use up alot of energy to create an equivalent amount of flow to the tunze.

How big a pump? I am using a dolphin 4700 for my return pump right now. It's in the basement with about 11' of head so I am guessing it does about 3k/h. Could I put the OM on that? and not do anything else?

That's already plumbed with a 1.5 out and I split it 4 ways into the tank. All I would have to do is pplug the OM in-line.

I might still do one tunze.

C

why not go with OM (maybe OM rotating heads) and strong return(you have) then add a Tunze wavebox?

Last edited:
Back