Unbelievable :(

RayD

The Chicago Experience!
Today was my first full day back to work at the shop since the ice storm and the power outages.

At least half of the customers I talked to today lost ALL of their fish and most of their corals. I couldn't believe how many folks were so negatively impacted by this event. I feel just terrible! :(

SPS seemed to be the most impacted. Alot of tree type corals and other softies survived and clams seemed to do quite well. Another surprise there. I thought clams would be more sensitive to the major temperature drop. Our clam table was super cold and all of our clams looked just fine today.

Live and learn I guess.

Yeah Kim and I consider ourselves lucky that it was only rain when everybody else had ice... I'm crossing my fingers that this storm on Sunday is light puffy stuff like Fri/Sat's was...

Still don't have power here, lost 5 fish so far. The generators are helping but with out a skimmer for 10 days now things are going down hill:(

Unfortunately, we found that it took a few days for our clam to die. It was reactive and intact for a few days then went downhill even after the temp and circulation was back to normal. I think they can just take a few days to kick off.

Still don't have power here, lost 5 fish so far. The generators are helping but with out a skimmer for 10 days now things are going down hill:(

Might be a dumb thought....but maybe a water change could improve the water quality?:confused: I know you probably don't have the ability to make up salt water and heat it, but if another member were close to you maybe they could have some to spare? Just a thought, and sorry to hear about your losses:(

Ray,
Do you notice the browning of the clams? My clams are fine after the 48hrs without power but the color has browned out.

Back