Want to check in and make sure I'm on track...

cps68500

Non-member
newbie here. patient, very patient. took me 6 months of research before even hooking the tank up!

Been running my tank setup now for about 2 months. After running the tank for about 2 weeks, and seeing nothing in the tank go up or down test wise (0 Amonia 0 Nitrate No2 0 Nitrate No3 and 8.2 PH), , I picked up 4 cured LR's from my LFS. I put them in the tank and after about 2 weeks I saw a diatom spike, then die out after a week.

Fast forward to week 6, I went a little further and picked up some more LR from the LFS as well as a dozen hermits and a sand star... My tests still read the same as above. I've not done any water changes yet, only adds for evap. I've seen very little movement in the tank... no algae blooms (so I think).... nothing. I picked up a TDS meter and my tank reads 3ppm.

I've been cleaning out the brown full collection cup about once every 3-4 days....
Am I ready for fish? Should I do a water change? Am I on pace? Should I be testing for more?

You should be all set to start adding a few fish. Just go slow. You want the Bactria to be able to keep up with the added bio load, so slow stocking is key. Good luck!!!

Back