water flow question

ReeferMedic

Non-member
I need to increase the flow in my 180 with a limited budget. I was thinking of two seios, one at each end facing each other. Any suggestions on what size I should be using. I have mixed softies, lps, and and increasing number of sps........

ReeferMedic said:
No opinions???????

On my 180 I have 2 seio 1500's. I located then between the 2 overflows facing the center of the front glass.Flow seems to be pretty good from what I can see.

On a tank that size I'd definitely go with the biggest seios, the 1500. I use an 800 on my 65g tank (in addition to a 600gph return, and a mag7 closed loop) and it's nice flow. I don't think it would do much on a 180g though.

Nate

What about penductors.I have just got water circulating in my 150 :) and i am using 2 T4's each with it's own penductor.These things crank,i had no idea just how much these produce i was planning on buying a tunze set up but now i have these i can't imagine i will need the tunze.The best i can describe the output from these is that i can barely hold my hand in front of them.I have them set in each upper rear corner of the tank aimed crossing each other,the turbulence is phenomenal.
For $25 you can't go wrong.I am not sure on the specifics of your pump but you should gain benifit from penductors.
-Liam.

Thanks Liam, I'll do a search for them and check them out. Do they create the same wide flow as seio?

Last edited:
ReeferMedic said:
Thanks Liam, I'll do a search for them and check them out. Do they create the same wide flow as seio?

No,the flow is not like the seio.The thing to remember with seios or tunzes is that although the water flow core is wide it is still laminar so more than one should be used.The penductors definitely req careful positioning due to the intensity but they should be great opposing each other in a 180.I bought mine from KTH sales,if you do a search with the brs search engine for "eductors". you will find the link.The guys there are very knowledgable and if you give them a call they will tell you which ,and how many penductors you can run with your particular pump.
I am not trying to steer you away from seio's by the way,just giving something else to consider ;) You can gladly check mine out if you like.
-Liam.

Back