What causes hey bubble tip to split ?

gtafanatic

Non-member
I am just wondering if there is something you could do to make it split I got mine about a month ago and It split into 3 after a few weeks of getting it And today it has split again. Don't get me wrong I'm excited that I get in free BTE but just wondering what is causing it.

31f29ca76ec48857adab2fbbfbd0594f.jpg
514a74c020ab14ce91681ac21c041a06.jpg
the newest one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you feed it frequently they split for two reasons food is plentiful or bad water or other conditions and it splits to survive

I've read that splitting is a survival method. If it feels endangered, it will split.
I bought a rainbow BTA about 8 months ago. It split twice so far. The first time was about a week after introducing it to the tank.
The second time was last weekend after a water change. Something in the chemistry must have been off between the new water and tank water, because it shriveled up for 2 days, and by the time it opened up again, there was two of them (three total!)

I do feed them once-twice/week. feeding them doesn't seem to cause a split. In my person experience, every time they split, it was a result of them being pissed off.

I have been doing Frequent water changes because I wanted to use the water in my new tank that I set up so did a waterchange a week for three weeks I bet you that was the cause.

I bought a pink tip a few weeks ago and last week ( I think ) I bought a rainbow and the purple tip started splitting the next day but is still all inflated like normal

My purple tip has literally doubled in size within two weeks but no split seems kind of crazy to me

Back