What do u think.... VECTRA manufacture date question

jdemarco

Non-member
So I am in process of purchasing a PREOWNED vectra pump from someone(not local but out of state on R2R) and his ad says all equipment was purchased BRAND NEW within the last 12months. He is selling an S2 pump which he says he purchased 3 months back (from a LFS ) and says it has only been running for 2months. Everything in the ad makes sense time wise, EXCEPT the manufacture date of this S2 on the box in the pic has a MANUFACTURED DATE of April 2019!!!. I know it will come down to inventory and the LFS and how much or little business they do, but could it be that a LFS of his(rememebr its out of state), sold him an S2, about 3 months ago months ago that actually had a Manufactured Date of APR 2019? So this means it is not MOBIUS ready(no biggie, just an update I am told) but if it only has 3months run time on it supposedly so I want it.........but I keeping pausing and telling myself to 'be careful" with this one. What do you ALL think.....A) could the LFS have been sitting on a pump with a date of 4/19 up until 3 months ago?. Would you personally purchase a Vectra or Ecotech Powerhead FROM A LFS (brand new) at a LFS with a date more than 1.5yrs old on it? LMK your thoughts. I wonder if ECOTECH can somehow know if I provide them the numbers from the box, probably not as they would only know when it was sent to the LFS I guess

I bought a MP10 off a member here that was factory sealed with a date of 2011 before, just for reference.

Thank You for feedback. Understood, but nowadays(as in last few yrs) they are so mega popular and fly off shelf that I wonder if 1 would sit around for 1.5yrs. I know its possible, wondering how probable. I wonder if ECOTECH could verify, they probably know when it got connected but doubt they will look into it. if it was a warranty issue with money on the line, I bet they could track it down. any other thoughts?

It's possible that it can sit for that long. I know European aquatics had a few lights and pumps that sat there for over a year before it was sold. I know someone who bought 2 brand new g4 light from ecotech but the two manufacturers date was different on the power supply by 2 years.

16149786606964177439594232441891.jpg
all of these were bought 2 years ago and has never been use. Still seal in original packaging.i have 2 core 20 that one pump is still brand new but was bought 1.5 years ago

I thought to get vortecs to be able to use mobius you need to buy the upgrade chip or whatever to do so. I have a 2019 mp10 that I cant get to connect to mobius.

I use reefLINK to run my mp40s. I think the cutoff for manufacture date to be truly mobius plug and play is aug 2020. Prior to that I was told u need to upgrade the software or need a chip or something. I do not plan to use mobius but valid point as its another reason I wanted the supposed 3month old device to have a more recent date stamp as when time to resell first question people ask is date and mobius. Thanks for feedback.

Last edited:
Back