What type of mag scraper do you use?

Spaceman

BRS Sponsor
Officer
BRS Member
I have used mag floats my whole time reefing life and love them. My new build has me needing something extra strong and i am looking at a mighty mag 5 there not cheap but seem to work well! Does any one have experience with them?

How about a Tunze, so far I like it the most.
You can also get aftermarket ceramic blades for it.

New tank i acrylic and 1.25 thick tunze will not hold..tunze is 3/4 max.

I recently came across something called the flapper I think? It’s a magnet scraper with an attachment for a razor blade or plastic blade

I think it will be more like this for Brian
1711066721324.png

I've been using mighty mags for over 15 years on both fresh water and salt water acrylic tanks. It is a huge mistake to use any other brand on acrylic IMO

I've been using mighty mags for over 15 years on both fresh water and salt water acrylic tanks. It is a huge mistake to use any other brand on acrylic IMO
Thanks just ordered one its nice to hear first had experience. I have only had small acrylic in the past and a quick clean with a magic eraser and all set but not this tank!

Tunze all the way! And a friend of mine sells this aftermarket blade you can add to it:

It's a ceramic blade that makes quick work of coralline. Because it's ceramic, it can't bend so there's no risk of scratching your glass.

Looks like i am gonna pick up the tunze for my frag tank next time at wet pets! With this many people liking them they must be nice!

Tunze all the way! And a friend of mine sells this aftermarket blade you can add to it:

It's a ceramic blade that makes quick work of coralline. Be

It's a ceramic blade that makes quick work of coralline. Because it's ceramic, it can't bend so there's no risk of scratching your glass.
Any company that claims that, it can cut thru coralline like butter is ridiculous. You can do the same with a credit card edge.

I have it and the claims are true. It's just a ceramic blade, very sharp. And I don't know what kind of coraline you have but I do use a credit card for the acrylic glass in my frag tank, and it takes a lot of scraping!

Back