what's up with TI?

One of the employess told me that they don't acclimate their incoming fish. Apparently, they just go straight to hyposalinity to avoid any outbreaks of pests.

If you've ever worked at a LFS or have had the joy of being there when they get their shipments in, you may understand why little, if any acclimation happens. The bags are just full of filthy, cloudy water, detritus, and sometimes, dead fish. The faster they get out of that and into a somewhat cleaner and stable environment, the better. I've seen some LFS dump fish in ASAP. I've seen others, including TI, acclimate for just temperature and then dump. They know their business and the health of their deliveries. I'd not worry.

Also....I want to give TI a plug for solving my problem. As hard as I tried, I couldn't find URI 46.5" actinics anywhere in New England. Everyone I talked with said that they'd have to order them. One TI employee told me that they didn't stock them either. But...the young girl (with the cool tattoo) at the register knew what I needed, left her "post", retrieved them, and brought them back to me. Thanks...to you, whatever your name is. Both me and my reef are happier now.

Dave

Also some places ship fish in a lower SG water so it might not be as much of a difference as you think

Back