Where Can I Buy a Rimless Custom Tank?

shawnriv

BRS Member
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to start a new project with a rimless shallow tank but would need it custom made. I am looking something like 30 x 30 x 12. Does anyone know of any local companies that make custom tanks? I was going to order online but shipping costs are very, very high.

Thanks!

glasscages , mircales aquarium, reef savy
i do not think there is any locally around here so either way you still have to order them online or on the phone and they will ship it here if you do not want to drive to their place

If you don't like shipping then glasscage is probably your best choice. Once a month or so, their delivery truck pass through southern MA (usually Sharon) and you could pick it up there.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I called Glass Cages and they can do a 30 x 31 x 15 (60 gallons) for $288. It's an additional $75 to drill and only $48 to ship to Sharon, MA. That totals $411. I am thinking of having them make me a sump as well; it's an additional $95 for them to take any one of their tanks and make it sump.

I am going to build my own. I also priced through glass cages but can get glass for a third of the cost.
Post some pics when I'm done. 2-24x54x12tall
1-36x36x18tall starting this weekend

I am going to build my own. I also priced through glass cages but can get glass for a third of the cost.

Nice! I look forward to see it. :)

Is that cut and polished, or just cut to size? I was thinking of building my own, but the cost of glass made it uneconomical.

Good Luck with it

Derek

where do you even start to look for glass for your aquarium you got me curious.

I found a great supplier. Cut to order with seamed edges. Watched alot of you tube.
I 've also resealed a few tanks.

Back