Where to buy red sea reefer plumbing parts

mvallee

Non-member
I bought a used red sea reefer 450 a few months back and just getting around to setting it up. In the process of moving it around I broke the overflow down tube that sticks out below the tank. Yeah Yeah now that I know how easy it was to take off I would of but too late.

Anyone know where to get replacement parts for red sea reefer aquariums, the standard places I go for my regular parts do not seem to carry those types of parts for the Red Sea tanks them selves.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

can you just replace the bulkhead with a standard version and plumbing with schedule 40 pvc?

can you just replace the bulkhead with a standard version and plumbing with schedule 40 pvc?

The plumbing looks pretty custom at the point of the break with a triple threaded fitting unfortunately.

I will try tropic Isle as well as calling Red Sea themselves as lots of folks seem to suggest that as a route to get replacement parts.

Now that I have gotten it wet I am anxious to get it all up and working but looks like it will have to wait at least another weekend

That didn't take long. Didn't you just break down your 180?
I would just call RedSea directly. They're pretty responsive. On two occasion, their ALK reagent went bad on me and they sent a replacement bottle pretty quickly.

That didn't take long. Didn't you just break down your 180?
I would just call RedSea directly. They're pretty responsive. On two occasion, their ALK reagent went bad on me and they sent a replacement bottle pretty quickly.

Sorta, this is going to be a Tanganyikan Cichlid tank not a reef tank, a little overkill but should be a breeze to maintain and I already have a smaller Tanganyikan tank that I am moving inhabitants from so no extra work other than the initial setup. Nice to have a big tank running again though.
I posted here because there are no forums I have found that compare to this one for Cichlid keepers, mostly facebook groups and I knew there are plenty of red sea tank owners on this forum

I did call Red sea 10 minutes ago and they were great, the person who answered the phone knew exactly what I needed and I should have it in 4-5 business days and it was only $18 for the part, pleasantly surprised things are already looking up :) thinking maybe it was cheap because I told her I was setting it up as a Fresh water and not a reef tank LOL

Lol. This is what going to happen. You set up with the tank for cichlids then have nothing else to do or spend on the tank and will convert back to reef. :D
There's no way out of this hobby!

Back