Which salt darn it ?????

briang

Non-member
I'm using IO and my cal. is low. Now that you guys opened my eyes a bit, I found that I have to add Cal. I'm doing that now with Kent Marine Liquid Reactor. I've read that other salts are high in heavy metals. Is there a scientist or someone of equal knowledge out there that can say, Brian, use this salt????????????

This has been debated for a long time. Lots of opinons and data out there. It can be overwhelming.

I look at is as you can buy less expensive salt and supplement to get to your target numbers, or you can buy a more expensive salt designed for reefing and perhaps (hopefully) eliminate the need to supplement.

We personally use Reef Crystals. I forget the numbers so I don't want to mis-quote them, but we don't have to bump up anything before using it. But you do need to test each bucket when you start to use it since there can be differences in the lots.

HTH

i use instant ocean and mix in oceanic.
basically the levels are way too high in oceanic but i just use it too make up for the low levels in IO instead of using an assortment of drivaway melt susbstances this also gives me more salt for my buck

Last edited:
Yeah, I just use Instant Ocean and add a little baking soda solution and later some Dowflake solution.

Liam's idea of mixing with Oceanic is interesting. I think Oceanic is even cheaper than IO.

Back