who can cut down a glass tank

jayinh

barnstead NH
i am wanting to start up in the hobby again and really like the idea of a 75 long that measures 72"x18x13" tall, this is from glass cages. i was wondering if i could buy a used 125 and have the height cut down....anyone ever have this done or do it them selves? i have no experience in glass cutting but am willing to follow advice. thanks jay

It should be possible, but it would require disassembling and rebuilding the whole tank. Lots of work...

Jay, nice to see that your getting back in with both feet. Just when you thought you were out (scaling back)... they pulled you back in.

BTW. EC is doing well. Spoke with him last week.

Regards,

LOL i am thinking that this cutting is above my skill level.... i am also looking at having a custom 84" x 16" x 16" acrylic tank built. i am looking for the long shallow look. i have never had an acrylic tank before, can someone who has had both chime in with the pros and cons of acrylic vs. glass. thanks jay

Hey Jay glad to see you are gettign back in, maybe an LED build is in order for it??? I have had my acrylic tank for 2years, and the only time I dont like it is when I havnt cleaned it in awhile, and I want to use a razor, and the smaller opening at the top. It kind of gets hard to get things when they fall.

Good Luck and your sump is still working great on my brothers system.

Derek

hey derek, good to be back, i am leaning toward the acrylis tank due to the size . i have already started to look into the LED option for the lights, maybe t-5's in the start till the funds are ready for a LED build. jay

Back