who can say they change 100 gallons at a time

reefstarter

Non-member
Thats what I am doing right now. figured eh its time lol. besides coral color was off a bit . did some testing to find nitrates were pretty high . so I am doing a change now and another in a few days when my salt mix container is full again . guess I need to stay more on top of this . and since this really isn't that hard I might be doing more often

Good going! I do 5gal at a time twice a week, and it's a chore lol. Once a few goodies arrive in the mail hopefully this week it'll be hands off 2gal daily!! And I can't wait for that. Switch on RODI (all done through solenoids) add salt, repeat!

Nice , just becareful you don't end up changing water with RO that way . thats what I would worry about . but then Im sure you got that figured out

That would be quite the mistake! It's going to take some user input still with levels and commands being manually controlled. I plan to have enough fail safe built in that it will take a series of events to cause catastrophe, if all goes well. I have most of the components, a few more things and a solid weekend to plan and finish assembly and it's go time! Already started using the mixing station with the QT system and it's so much better than the 5gal bucket routine!

Back