Wish us luck! New tank gets wet!

IffersTankSlave

C'mon SPRING!!
Today is the day! We are about to put in the sand, water & rock in the new tank! Woo-hoo! Many, many more pics to come! And who knows, maybe some frags....

Attachments

• IMG_5104_2.jpg
    IMG_5104_2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 154
two exterior overflows, nice. enjoy. just dont keep track of the money your spending though it tempers the enjoyment :D

Good luck with that beastly tank. Can't wait to see it up and running, keep the photos coming.

Looks great Keith. I love the dual external overflows. Did you only have 2 reflectors on your last setup? This is a 6' 210, correct? IIRC, you had a 6' 180 before? I'm curious to see if you'll get enough spread even though you are using Lumenarcs. I had 4 Lumenarcs with 400 watters over my 7' 210 at one point. I removed one and brought it down to 3 and didn't really notice any difference in light spread.

ooooooooahhhhhhhhh. :)

That's going to be one gorgeous tank.
Very thoughtful of you guys to gives the cats the best viewing seats. :D

two exterior overflows, nice. enjoy. just dont keep track of the money your spending though it tempers the enjoyment :D

I mentioned to Iffer that I wasn't keeping track. I know it's expensive, and what the heck, we can't take it with us! It was either kids or reef... you can see which direction we went!

Looks great Keith. I love the dual external overflows. Did you only have 2 reflectors on your last setup? This is a 6' 210, correct? IIRC, you had a 6' 180 before? I'm curious to see if you'll get enough spread even though you are using Lumenarcs. I had 4 Lumenarcs with 400 watters over my 7' 210 at one point. I removed one and brought it down to 3 and didn't really notice any difference in light spread.

We had a fixture w/3 400's in it. We are trying 2 full size Lumenarcs w/400's. We'll see. Not too tough to expand if we need to. We had a 6', 180. This a 6', 270. I still have to do the actinics, but I need the equipment we have set-up down cellar to do those. Back to work!!

Yes.... we got two to start with. Between those and the circ. pump (Running @ 2700 GPH, 12 ft. of head) we should be ok for flow. If not, we'll add another Vortech.

Last edited:
Back