Workhorse 5 wiring

testhead1313

Here's lookin' at you
Have any of you wired a Fulham Workhorse 5 to fire a square pin, 96W powerquad CF? I bought a retro kit a while back, and wired it according to the diagram seen below as per the Fulham website's directions. When I did this, only the two outer tubes of the bulb glowed dimly. I tried every possible combination I could think of with the three red wires and the one yellow, as well as switching the socket (base) around. The yellow I believe is the (-) return, and the three red wires (+) are supposed to combine together to give the bulb enough juice to light. Well, no matter what I did, I couldn't get the damn thing to light, so (being the impatient idiot I am), I wired all four of the red wires and quickly fried the bulb. The two dim areas got very bright and very hot until I pulled the plug. There are brown spots where this occurred. Now, I am getting some new bulbs tommorow and would like to NOT kill them. What are your thoughts? Was the bulb bad to begin with? Is it the ballast? I have a Workhorse firing my T5s and could not be more please with it. Any help and hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Chris
wire12.gif

To quote Homer... "Ohh, it's red wire to red wire... jeez, what idiot thought that one up?" Needless to say, I figured it out, and no, it wasn't QUITE as simple as that, but it was a dumb mistake. :rolleyes:
Chris

Back