Would it work?

it would work if you had nothing else to use, but I think I'd only use it as a backup, fwiw

Hey it looks like it works... It also doesn't look that appealing lol...

it would work but if you lost power. the siphon would flood the lower tank. then it would have no water in the tube. so then when you got power back. your pumps would run dry. because there is NO siphon in the tubes. (i think) lmao

diddnt watch the hole vid.

How would the siphon flood the lower tank if water stopped coming into his overflow on the in-tank side? The power loss would stop the return pump, water would stop coming into the display, no flow into the over flow etc... right?

How would the siphon flood the lower tank if water stopped coming into his overflow on the in-tank side? The power loss would stop the return pump, water would stop coming into the display, no flow into the over flow etc... right?

after the water in the tank lowered enough for it to stop the flow in to the surface skimmer.

Some things will cost you more money in the long run if you try to skimp on it. External over flows will fail at some point as it is. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night with that diy running.

Any kind of siphon overflow is asking for trouble. That is just not the way to do things, buying reef ready or drilling a couple of holes is an unavoidable necessity IMO.

Back