WTB Deltech i600 Skimmer

jlowrey

Non-member
Update, after searching online for quite sometime i've decided to just double down and get a Deltech. I have the room for 400, 600, or 1000. The 400i is the right size, but I think I'll try to future proof just incase I decide to upgrade to a bigger tank by just getting the 600i instead.

Anyone selling one?

------

Looking for a skimmer for my Reefer 170 sump w/ fuge. Want something as quite as possible, from my research I thought some of these would be a good fit

Anyone have something like this available?

IceCap K2-50 In-Sump Protein Skimmer

Bubble Magus NAC3.5 Protein Skimmer

Last edited:
bubble magus are really quiet, i have a smaller version and dont know it running most of the time

Bump

Thinking about getting a Nyos 120 new or reef octopus 110sss. Anyone have something equivalent? Or thoughts on the two vs something with a DC pump?

I have two Simplicity DC skimmers in 2 tanks and also a NYOS AC skimmer in my Reefer 170. The NYOS looks nice, has nice build quality, runs very quiet, and skims well. But, given the choice again I’d buy another Simplicity or similar DC skimmer.

The DC Simplicity skimmers are quiet but are still louder than the NYOS. The Simplicity build quality is good, but not as nice as NYOS. The Simplicity pump cover is flimsy and broke and had to be replaced, but it was replaced very quickly under warranty. Overall I like the NYOS, but I personally prefer the control of the DC pump. The NYOS stays tuned and has a fine tuning adjustment knob, but the DC skimmers are just super easy to dial in and are also less expensive. For longevity I’d trust the NYOS over the Simplicity.

Thanks for the detailed feedback, re-confirms my suspicion about getting a DC. I think Simplicity would be a great choice but I'm also considering doubling down and just going with a Deltec i400 or i600. That way i get the best of both worlds

Someone had a Deltec DC for sale recently. Those are supposed to be very good skimmers. I wanted to buy one of those for the 170, but the other half insisted on the NYOS.

Glad to hear, If I need to purchase new, I'm going to buy a Deltech

Looks like this was the old post, if only... This would have been perfect!

I have the room for 400, 600, or 1000. The 400i is the right size, but I think I'll try to future proof just incase I decide to upgrade to a bigger tank by just getting the 600i instead.

I just checked the dB levels of the 3 sumps with return pumps and skimmers running (Non-scientific data gathering with NIOSH sound meter app, single sample).

Simplicity 240 DC @ F9 power level = 55-56 dB. With return off 54-55 dB.
Simplicity 320 DC @ F7 power level = 53-55 dB. With return off 47-49 dB.
NYOS 120 = 52-53 dB. With return off 51-52 dB.

Back