WTB hose

I know home depot sells various sizes. Just be wary to buy the correct inside diameter. for example, 3/4 inner diameter might be a 5/8 hose. I'm not sure what it is, but the packages always tell you inner diameter.

I know that the HD in Dorchester has 1" and 1.5" worse case, get 1" and get a 1"->3/4" reducing bushing.

I already sealed the pvc to the bulkheads(3/4") know I need a flex hose to connect to the pump.

That's fine! you can get 3/4" female 1" female at HD for like 50cents.
I'd strongly recommend a 3/4 or 1" union in there for sanity and ease of removal

If you already have 3/4" pvc sticking out of the bottom of the tank, do this:

Tank ->3/4" bulkhead-->
3/4"pvc pipe---> 3/4"-1" bushing --->1"union ---> 1" flex ----->1" union ball valve ---> 1" > 3/4 bushing -> 3/4 pvc ---> 3/4" female threaded to pump.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Wow your kidding right.Sounds like a lot to do,how much room do I need.I'm going to take a pic of what I have now it might be the worst plumbing you've seen I don't know were to start.

It's not alot, to fit in... where is your pump? Just below the tank?
Setting up that way gives you the least restriction and most control over the plumbing. You can pull your pump easy, you can replace the flex easy, it's all set up to be easlily disconnected.

BTW, you should have a union ball vavle on the intake to the pump too, so that you can shut off the water from the tank and remove the pump from service for cleaning or replacement.

It's not the cheapest way to plumb, but you have all the flexibility to upgrade/swap/repair anything that may change later.

If you want to simplify, you can change this
1" union ball valve ---> 1" > 3/4 bushing -> 3/4 pvc ---> 3/4" female threaded to pump
to use 1" union ball valve ---> 1" >3/4 female threaded bushing ---> pump it's simpler but not as easy to find the 1"->3/4"threaded bushing.

Cost is like $4 for unions, 50-60cents for any adapter and $10 for the union valve. You'll be thanking me if you ever have a pump sieze :)
M.

Last edited:
Wow your kidding right.Sounds like a lot to do,how much room do I need.I'm going to take a pic of what I have now it might be the worst plumbing you've seen I don't know were to start.

No plumbing job is bad if you learn from it and it doesn't leak!! :)

My battery just died on my cam. so know i'm waiting for that and my knee is killing (me second surgery in the last 2 months)What does a union valve look like I have one shutoff from the pump to both intakes and then I have two shutoffs from both returns.Non of this is really hooked up yet.

True union valve has the valve body in the center with spool sockets on each end. You can spin the lock rings and pull either side of the valve out without disturbing the other side.

I'll see if I can take a photo of my setup tonight. I am overdue for some plumbing shots after all the help I had setting it up
M.

Here's a diagram of my plumbing
plumbing1.jpg

like i said this is not hooked up yet just a dry run and probably will not be like this.Just trying to fig.it out.

I see what you mean about space... you can still use a union on the joint to the bulkhead, it will make it easier to disconnect the plumbing in the future.
I dont know if you can make turns in that small space with spaflex, but go for it.

M.

Back