Yellow Colonial Polyps...yikes

stingythingy45

BRS Member
Are they that prolific in everybody's tank?I seem to have an abundance of them.I can remember when I first got started in the hobby sitting and staring at a few on a LR.
Now I literally have 100s in the tank.They grow so fast the sand-bed on one side has them growing on the sand,shells anything that dont move.
It's pretty cool as it looks like wheat blowing out in the prairie.:D
But I might have to get some of them as they take a lot of real estate.Wonder if LFS's will take them for credit.

I just pinned mine in a corner with a frogspawn that keeps them in check, they wont get past that.

I have an area that is pinned in by mushrooms.
It's just that I had a rock next to some shells that had some.They grew off the rock onto the shell,then onto the sand.:rolleyes:

You could bring some for the fragging demo at the next meeting and sell or give some away. That's better then throwing them out if the LFS does not want them.

mine don't even grow well for whatever reason. I have encrusting gorg and GSP that both seem to do fine, but not my yellow polyps lol...

You could bring some for the fragging demo at the next meeting and sell or give some away. That's better then throwing them out if the LFS does not want them.

True,
Maybe I'll offer them up.I'll try the local LFS as well.They are very colorful and look very cool blowing in the current.

mine don't even grow well for whatever reason. I have encrusting gorg and GSP that both seem to do fine, but not my yellow polyps lol...

I have both those as well.My xenia elongata(last very small)stalk is in the area.I can't grow xinia to save my life now that I moved into this 90 gallon.
The yellow polyps didn't really do much until this past 6-8 months.Then they just exploded,doubling every 3 weeks.I honestly think that feeding frozen cyclopeeze anywhere near them is like fertalizer.

Back