Reef Deal Yellow Tangs at Petco in Woburn

reefin

BRS Member
Petco in Woburn, MA has 4 yellow tangs if anyone is interested. They are around 2" for $199.00.

Agree with you on the ich part however they put the yellow tangs in their coral tank. I bought one about a little over two weeks ago and no sign of ich. It's still in my quarentine tank.

I was at the store over the weekend to get some dog food but did not see any yellow tang there.
the guy there said they have not seen any yellow tang at the store for years.

Not sure who you spoke to but they did have them. Attaching picture of price and the fish I bought. They sold out and are trying to order more. Talk to Rick or Ryan.

Attachments

• 20230910_102146.jpg
    20230910_102146.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 166
Nice. Fish still healthy?
Yes that picture was taken 3 days ago and have had it exactly 3 weeks (I bought mine when Petco received their first batch of two) . The fish is eating dry and frozen. No sign of any ICH. I have him with a sailfin tang twice its size in the same quarentine tank. I'm watching closely for any sign of aggression.

Personally, the best ones I see get sold on the marketplace here. Those are very much clearly botia yellow tangs. Very difficult to get similar colors out of and are so not worth $200 in my opinion

Back