Yellowtail blue damsel safe?

UMan101

Non-member
Are yellowtail blue damselfish safe to have with other fish?

Before purchasing I read that they were just somewhat territorial. Tonight I was reading through some forums and seems like a lot of people have had bad experiences with them. So now I'm having second thoughts on my addition

Here's my list of fish in my 50 gallon:

Male ocellaris clown
Female ocellaris clown
Yellow tang (he's small and temporary)
Green mandarin
Watchman goby

So far I haven't seen any trouble. But could the damsel cause trouble later on?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

i would pass, but it sounds like you already have one?
So far I haven't seen any trouble. But could the damsel cause trouble later on?
what you read is pretty accurate; i would guess that they will not get along with your clowns. they are aggressive for such a small fish! if you already have one, just feel it out. keep an eye on the tank and see if there is any aggression.

Yeah he's been in my tank a few days now unfortunately. I fell for his vibrant blue and his price. I'll be sure to keep watch on him to see what he does. Thanks for the info! Although, I'm starting to think maybe it's better to have peace of mind and just give him away for free. I could get a mccosker wrasse or something instead

Unfortunately, they are agressive. I wouldn't worry about the clowns or tang. I would more concerned about the mandrien being harassed.

Hmm I think I've decided I'm going to give him away. He's been a good citizen so far but I would feel better knowing I don't have to worry about my fish possibly ever fighting. If anyone is interested in him for free let me know. I received him from liveaquaria

I hve a yellow tail,for 2 years with no problems. He is in there with hippo and pair of clowns and a pj cardinal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back