zoanthid eradication methods?

mikestod

BRS Member
Is there any way to comletely kill zoos in place in the tank without taking the rocks out and bleaching them or drying them out? I tried Joe's Juice but that didn't work. They are starting to propogate on my main rockwork and I worry about them spreading close enough to kill my SPS. Any ideas??

I'm contemplating getting rid of all my zoos, selling off what i can and getting a natural predator to take care of the rest. Anyone have or know of a fish that eats only zoos and will not harm my BTA, LPS, or SPS? Anyone have any zoo eating nudi's????

Heheh! I love it.
Freakin' zoanthids and shrooms will not go into my SPS tank.
They wreaked havoc in my 55.

mikestod said:
I'm contemplating getting rid of all my zoos, selling off what i can and getting a natural predator to take care of the rest. Anyone have or know of a fish that eats only zoos and will not harm my BTA, LPS, or SPS? Anyone have any zoo eating nudi's????
Mike, my brother has my old hippo that use to go nuts on my zoas....I could ask about a loaner if you want. He never touched anything else.

I'm using both natural methods at the moment: nudibranches, and pyramidal snails

My experience is snails work much better.

I was also thinking of a Regal Angel. Anyone have any experiences with these in their reefs? I'm going to research a bit more and make a descision.

Andy, I might ask him to loan me the hippo tang

LAM, Will the snails die once their food source is decimated? Or do they eat other thing? I hear the nudi's will die off because all they eat are zoos.

I assume they'll die once their food vanishes. I only want the zoanthids off the liverock. Once that happens, I'll most likely pluck them and send them to snail heaven.

Back