zoo criters in plastow

brennickfish

Non-member
this is a very well stocked store and boy they have a nice set up for the salt tanks. all fish and inverts seem very healthy.

I would never buy there again. Removed content related to former employment

i came in on a sunday once and there was still coral floating from styrofoam from 4 days ealier. the place is a joke imo. prices are expensive as well. if you are happy with what you saw, head to jays or a few of the places in northern mass.

i will say that they do give the livestock a good diet.

Last edited by a moderator:
and ps...Deleted additional information related to employment, not shopping experiencedont waste your time/money!

Last edited by a moderator:
Would have to agree with Nate on this one. Was there not to long ago and it was a mess. Lots of ill fish, messy tanks. Great reptile selection though

I used to get my stuff there until I knew better. For reptiles and amphibians the store is good. For SW and supplies go somwhere else. Lies and false promises from staff are all I got. I'd go to Petco before I step foot in Zoo Creatures again.

Agreed - you can probably do a search on my nightmare experience. Bought a $75 mantis shrimp. Got him home and tested water before acclimation and it was ridiculous high (if memory serves, around1.030). Refused to take it back even same day! Mantis removed both appendages during acclimation due to stress. They measured their store salinity with a swing arm hydrometer and insisted their readings were correct. Terrible practices, terrible customer service.

I am surprised, seemed like a nice place. the only place I have found near me that looks as well stocked is in portland. But all good information. thanks

Back