210 stand build

ok i got 4 - 4.5" fans today, has anyone ever mounted 2 on one end of the BACK and 2 on the other end in the BACK ? instead of the end panel. do you think it will make a diff. ?

I guess it depends on how close your tank is to the wall if its really close to the wall then i would put them on the end but if not them put them on the back other then that i don't think it matters iv set up a couple going both ways and it dosent seem to make a difference the only thing i found was that dust builds up on the wall behind the hood. you have a nice vent in the back so like jb said make sure they all face the same way and if you put them on the back less wire's to see in the hood. but you have a very nice set up great job.

in your case i dont think it matters because you have a large vent in the back of the hood if you didnt then i would have one pull and one push so you could get a good air flo across your lights if it were me i would have them pull the air from the in side of the hood to push the air out side the hood so that cool air could come in from the vent. if you decide to put them in the ends then i would use the push and pull method so you can get a good amount of air running over all the lights i would make the end nearest the wall the pull end so you dont get a build up of dust on the wall and so that the air leaving the other end dosent have anything blocking the flo of air leaving the hood and i would have some kind of filter covering the fan to help with dust collecting on the lights in the hood or the top of the tank but thats my opinion

Back